Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hotel Workout Rooms



I've raced in more triathlons then I can count. I've raced all distances, including a full ironman, the real deal. Then, when i started working for this firm and becoming close personal acquaitances with hotel and car rental employees, I stopped training like I used to. I finally got tired of not being the "lean mean fighting machine" I used to be, got a tri coach, and am back on track to race a few races this year. My next one is in 3 weeks. I also should mention, that prior to that, I will be on the road for nearly 2 1/2 of those weeks. This means one thing...hotel gyms. Quite frankly, I think they are who is to be blamed for me getting out of shape in the first place. They are a personal version of hell. They shouldn't be called gyms. They suck. They make you hate working out. Tonight I went to the hotel gym and ran/biked (if you can call it either of those) and didn't feel any better afterwards. I hate that. I miss the American River Bike Trail, swimming at Lake Natoma, and the 2-3 years that about 10 of us spent racing/training/playing together. The picture above was taken the first time we did the Tahoe Sierra Century. I almost cried when I found this picture -- I miss it a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i STILL kick myself for missing this ride with you guys! :-) i LOVE your blog so far ... keep the entries coming