Wednesday, April 04, 2007

First Class


This is a picture of United's new "first class suite with XM." First of all, I have never seen a first class section on any flight of mine that is as extravagant as this. I don't fly international -- this must be where this type of "luxury" exists.
I used to be envious of people in First Class. I fly in first about 80% of the time now -- solely based on complimentary upgrades for all the miles I fly. I am not envious any more. They should have a sign in First Class: "People here fly too much and have no life" or "People here have too much money and are missing out on what's really important" -- Coach is better. I've decided. First Class is something that is to be enjoyed on special occasions -- like a great pair of shoes. If you wear them all the time, they become just like anything else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen.

you're so right.

Unknown said...

KLN-

Because I accrue all my miles on Delta, but mostly fly Continental and Aeromexico, I don't usually get upgraded. I'm fine back in coach. I do prefer an aisle seat in row 6,7, or 8, but I don't think that is too much to ask.

It's the hedgefund people who buy that United seat.

Juice

KLN said...

I wonder if Larry flies in that seat....