Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just when you think you've seen everything...





I flew from Lancaster PA to Pittsburgh PA to Las Vegas tonight. The flight from Lancaster to Pittsburgh was on a 19 seat prop plane. For as much as I fly, I've never been on a plane this small. The co-pilot did the safety speech and there was no door to the cockpit. And although the plane seated 19, there were only 4 passengers. Curiosity combined with paranoia made me pay attention to what was happening in the cockpit. As we started to descend, there was a light above the instruments, on the "dashboard", that lit up along with an alarm that went off....and the co-pilot SMACKED THE DASH like I used to smack my alarm clock in college to turn it off. Seriously...is this what pilots are doing in the cockpit all the time???

And one more thing...for all the terrorist activites that seem to litter the news lately and the extra security, how am I able to take these pictures with my camera and not have anyone think I am "suspicious'??? I know it's not a jumbo jet here, but it took 4 people nearly ONE HOUR to get screened at this airport that looked like a WWII bunker and then I'm snapping photos on the tarmac and in the cockpit. Just makes you wonder...

No comments: