Sunday, August 27, 2006

The 36 hour weekend



My travel schedule has been ridculous. I was home for 36 hours before I left this morning (Sunday) to fly back east. We did find time, however, to play 18 holes of golf at this course -- rated #3 in the entire state of Utah. They don't let you walk becuase the course covers over 4 miles. Both Dallas and I had some great drives. I really wish we could get out more -- pretty soon this course will be covered with snow. Again, we need a vaction.

A note about vacations. There is an unwritten rule at my firm that you don't take vacations. It takes weeks to catch up. Some of our clients need 24 hour accesibility. Your e-mail inbox fills up with thousands of messages. It's not worth it. A collegue of mine, who has worked for our firm for 2 years less than I have called yesterday to say that he is taking 10 days off to visit Hong Kong and China. I can't decide if I'm angrier that he is going or that I didn't have enough guts to do it first.

One more thing..
I can't believe Ryan hasn't commented on the article below yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K-

How are the new airport changes treating you? 2-4 hours more airport time per week so far for me.

Juice

KLN said...

Juice,

About the same here. I still find it hard to believe that people haven't heard the news of what they are not supposed to bring. I get held up in security most often for stupidity.

KLN