Tuesday, July 03, 2007

New York For Pleasure -- And It's Not NYC




Dallas and I left last Wednesday for Buffalo, NY for vacation. That's right, Buffalo. For those of you who have never been there, Western New York in the summer is spectacular. I have a dear friend that lives in a small town of about 5000 people who we stayed with as we gallivanted around. Our adventures included: a trip to Niagara Falls complete with fireworks, the jet boat ride up the Niagara River, a "nine-and-dine" couples golf tournament, a friendly round of 18 at the Fox Valley Country Club, and a tour of the Erie Canal locks and Old City Hall in Lockport, NY, just to name a few! May I also mention that we ate, ate, ate....Dallas will now be entered in a chicken wing eating contest, at the request of our hosts, when we return! Buffalo has restaurants that rival NYC and SF. The weather was spectacular -- 75 degrees and very little humidity. Now I wouldn't necessarily recommend Buffalo in the winter, but everyone should make a trip up there sooner or later!

We have been traveling maniacs lately. Three weeks ago we were in San Diego visiting Ruth and Janean. Two weeks ago we made the drive across the Nevada desert so I could compete in the Escape From Alcatraz triathlon. I'll need to catch up on postings. I only share that information at this point to let you know how funny it is that when our neighbors, Kyle and Carrie, picked us up from the airport last night, they said "You guys are only here for a few days and then you'll be off to Saskatachawen." They crack me up...

P.S. I'm registered for IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene 2008.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Love the new look and all the links! Looks like you guys had a great time. Take me next time, k?!