Saturday, October 28, 2006

Back From The Dead


Wow. I can't believe it's been this long. Suffice it to say that I have been working about 80 hours a week for the past month and visiting half the states in the union. Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exxageration, but that's what it feels like. I'm home now for 10 days and I find myself excited to vacumn and dust and eat my own food. Dallas has been travelling for work to and our relationship has basically just "existed" with phone calls. Glad that part is over. Although I wonder if my married friends can comment here on if their life sometimes feels like that even living in the same house.

I was in California for less than 15 hours and found time to sneak away and go to the Pumpkin Patch with Lucas. Here he is with his mom Suzi above. That kid is 3 1/2 going on 25. I feel a little bit sad when I listen to him and wonder if he's missing out on his childhood. On the other hand, it is hilarous to hear him correct his mother's speech. Interesting note on that story, I was in PA and scheduled to fly home to UT but Dallas was stuck in Idaho and there wasn't anything else going on, so I changed my flight to fly from Philly to LA to Sacramento. FYI -- the direct flight from Philly to LA is 6 hours and 10 minutes. I flew Southwest....ewwwww The only good thing was there were only about 25 people on the plane. The bad thing was that i got stuck sitting across from a guy who decided to take his shoes and socks off for the flight. Gross. Just a word on airline etiquette -- Shoes stay on. Socks stay on. I know security makes everyone take them off and that's foul enough. Seriously people.

4 comments:

RR said...

K-

I went on 24 planes in October. Did I beat you?

Juice

KLN said...

Juice,

You got me by 3. Where do I send your prize?

RR said...

You can send my prize to Terminal E, Gate 21 at the Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. Please put it attention to Continental's agent "Sandy." She will know how best to get it to me.

Anonymous said...

may i just say that i look freakin fabulous in this picture? please email it to me immediately. :) p.s. hi and love you. can't wait to show you the apartment.